blog about us events spotlight favorites

MEMBERS

Drea Jojo Princess Gianna Victoria Jenny Arica Lauren Michelle

 

Jobot Jams: Oldies but ... newbies?!
Friday, May 15, 2009 @ 5:09 PM

Anyone who has ever spent a lazy day with me (hand in a bag of flaming hot cheetos with lime / laptop on my lap / Kill Bill Vol.1 playing in the background) knows that I am constantly searching for new music. My search is mainly for music that I can spin during one of my DJ sets, however, I welcome music of all genres with open arms. During my endless search I've come to realize that a lot of new music that is catching my attention sounds old and lo-fi ... and I just can't get enough of it. Here are two of my favorite examples:

Little Joy - A side project of Fabrizio Moretti (from the Strokes). Visit their myspace for the full band bio. It's interesting stuff! ... and no - that's not the beach boys you're listening to.

Little Joy - The Next Time Around.mp3

Raphael Saadiq - You probably know him best from Tony! Toni! Tone! but his lastest album "The Way I See It" has that old Motown feel that you can't help but groove to. Trust me. Check out his myspace for more info.

Raphael Saadiq - 100 Yard Dash.mp3

On another note, stay tuned for the limited edition Chipped Red Polish necklaces that will be available soon!! You're definitely going to want to sport one of these once you see 'em! Here's a sneak peek:


I know, I know ... you can't see it all too well ... but there it is. The necklace. Right on Lady Sov's right boob. BAM!

xo
Jojo
The Jobotic







CHECK OUT OUR PREVIOUS POSTS!